Monday, June 30, 2014

A Simple Miracle

Hey Everyone,

It has been a good week, and I am really just loving life. That is such a skill to have, even if it isn't always the easiest one to develop. A lot of things are falling into place in my life and I know that the hand of God is with all of us. So I don't have a lot to complain about.

We weren't able to meet with Kikka this week again, because apparently she is still not back! I am starting to worry that I will never even see her again before I get transferred....no I am sure we will meet with her again before that, but I guess the end of her vacation is very open to whatever they feel like doing. Which, I can't really blame her, because it sounds like she is living the dream :)

Kai and the Fransen family are both on vacation now, so we haven't been able to meet with either of them this week, which is pretty lame, but kind of how it goes in the summer I think. I keep thinking we need to go on splits with the German missionaries or something, because there are SO MANY German tourists on the streets in Narvik lately that come in on cruise ships and we can't talk to them at all. So it would be nice to have someone that could speak the language. I have been kicking myself a lot lately for not doing more to learn German during my three years in high school. There is no reason I shouldn't have learned fluent German in three years... but that's okay :)

There was a mix up with our plane tickets for zone conference this week.  The AP's told us the plane was leaving in the evening when it really left in the morning, so we missed our flight and had to fly out the next morning, making us late to the conference, but it was good to be able to be with all of the other missionaries anyway and I always enjoy traveling.  It is cool to see what is in the world.

The work tends to be kind of the same a lot in Narvik, so I have been focusing on finding the little miracles every day and being grateful for the divine assistance we receive. For this week, I just wanted to share a short one with all of you.

When the Traveling AP's were in our area, Elder Badger and I were knocking on a few doors before the weekly DL meeting. We didn't really know where to go, so we prayed about it and decided to just visit a few potentials and then tract in the area. The first door we knocked on was a really cool lady that said we could come back, and then at the very next apartment complex, we knocked on the door, and a less-active member answered. We had no idea where they lived and have been trying to be able to work with them for weeks, so I know it was the Lord that led us to their house. We were able to go in and visit with the entire family, as well as give them a Book of Mormon and commit them to share it with a friend this week. We are going to back on Thursday to follow up, but the entire family was in church yesterday and they are all so excited about the work. It's a miracle.

I know that the Lord is helping us in whatever we do, and that if we really on Him, miracles will happen. That is His promise. Miracles follow the believers, so let's all be more committed to being the believers and serving Him. I love you all, have a wonderful week!

The midnight sun. It literally doesn't ever go down, so I wake up at 2 in the morning because the sun is shining in my face. But it's cool :)


The little tiny planes we fly around with up here. It's crazy stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment