Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20

I have had a good week, but now looking back on it, everything is kind of mixed around and blurred together, which generally means that it has been a good week. We have taught lessons, met with members, attended an open house at the church, and spent a lot of time contacting new potential investigators, and looking back on it all, I think that I can truly say that I enjoyed myself this week. Not that I don't do so on other weeks, but I suppose the difference this week is that it feels like we really did accomplish things. That we really did fulfill a part of our call with the work that we did, and that the Lord has been pleased with our efforts.

There are probably a lot of things that contributed to the improvement this week, but I think that a huge one is the way that prayer has played a role in everything that we have done. We reached a point where we couldn't do anything else on our own, so we prayed and God gave His help. We could not find new investigators alone, so we prayed and God led us to people that would listen. We had no way to find out what a new investigator needed to hear, so we prayed and God whispered to our hearts. We reached a point where we could not go on, so we prayed, and God gave us strength. I know that through prayer we can really work miracles in our lives here. God is a God of miracles, and if they are not present in our lives, then maybe we do not have enough faith.
I would encourage everyone to prayer a little more, speak a little more earnestly, and rely a little more fully on God as we go throughout our lives. It will help, I promise.
To end, here are a few borrowed words from a letter of Paul to the Thessalonians from the missionaries of the world to all of you:


"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. But the Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil. And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ."
Pray for us, that we may do the Lord's will.
I love all of you! Vi snakkes!

No comments:

Post a Comment