Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9

It has actually been a decently warm week in Norway considering the time of year, and with the change in weather, the missionary work is starting to defrost throughout the country as well. It sure is encouraging to see. I think the changes were due to several things, one of them being a really good MLC meeting we had this week, but we were able to do a bit of traveling and saw a lot of miracles along the way.

We started the week by having splits with the Oslo zone leaders, and that meant that I got to spend the day working with my best buddy Elder Gunther. I really think that President should just let us serve together, because I think we would be one powerhouse companionship :) No but really, it was great to be with him, and it was the most bizarre feeling to spend the day together, because we did some awesome missionary work, but it also felt just like 18 months ago when we were all sitting around a fire back in good old American Fork talking about life. Like nothing had changed. We are obviously different and I know that in my case I have changed a lot for the better, but we are still best friends and that was a really comforting thought to me.


While we were having a great time in Oslo, our companions were working in my area, and they saw miracles as well. They arrived at an appointment only to realize that the woman they were supposed to meet with wasn't home, so they decided to knock on a few doors in the area instead before they moved on to the next thing. One of the first houses they tried was owned by a guy named Per, and this guy was seriously prepared.

He has always had a close relationship with God in his life, and as a result of that, he has been prompted to live the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity without ever having been taught them. He was reading in the book of Amos a few weeks ago and read Amos 3:7 about how God doesn't do anything without telling the prophets first, and then wondered where the prophets were. Just before the missionaries knocked on his door, he prayed to be able to find God's accepted people on the earth, and he was pumped to see two servants of God outside his door. We went back later in the week and he had read 200 pages of the Book of Mormon and was taking in every detail. The only problem is that he left yesterday to Spain for 8 weeks. The worst! But at least we will have something to look forward to in the future :) 

We also had MLC this week and traveled to Stavanger for splits where we were able to find 8 investigators. The Lord has been pouring down His miracles on us left and right and I am truly grateful.

I have thought a lot this week about goal-setting and it's role in our eternal progression. I thought about how many people set goals in life and how many people actually reach their goals, and it is just kind of pathetic, really. I am a big believer that if we work hard enough and are persistent enough, then we will be able to reach our goals no matter what. It may take time and it will definitely take some effort on our part, but if we truly want to be successful, not reaching our goals should not be an option. I think having that perspective really changes the way we work for things.

I love the gospel and I love being a missionary. Never be afraid to share your testify unflinchingly at all times and be an example of the believers. There isn't anything better than that :) I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment