Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24

Well hello, again, everyone! The way time is flying right now, it feels like I just barely typed up my last blog post, but here I am again and it is one week later. Crazy. We have done a lot of good things this week, and for some reason, the weekend was especially good, but we will get to that later. 

So first things first. The time has come for another transfer to happen, and this one was filled with rumors. I had no idea what was going to happen to me, but it turns out I am going to be transferred away from Trondheim. I am really sad to be saying goodbye to the members here, because I really love them a lot, and they have become my family in Norway. But that's life and I knew it would happen sometime. I am going to be moving to Sandvika to be an assistant to President Evans. It's a big change and will definitely be a challenge, but I am excited to go serve, and I am sure there will be a lot of great opportunities in the future. I don't actually know what the address of the apartment is at the moment because the APs just moved, but until further notice, those of you who wish to send something in the mail can send it to the address of the mission office:

Elder Dallin Childs
Postboks 894
1306 Sandvika
Norway

Anyway, that will be a change, but I'm sure it is going to be a lot of fun and I am really excited. This week has been a crazy one. We had a lot of good things happen on Tuesday, and for some reason, Tuesday is turning out to always be a really good day for us. Probably the biggest miracle story is a man named Svein. I met Svein on the streets about two months ago while we were on splits with some missionaries, and we taught him about the Book of Mormon. He was interested in how our message could help him to overcome problems in his life, including depression and struggles with drugs. I promised him that it would make all the difference, and after a prayer, we made an appointment for him to meet us at the church later that week to continue to talk. But he never showed up. Since then I have tried to get in contact with him, but to no avail. So honestly I had given up on him and moved on. This week we were out contacting on the streets when we ran into Svein again. It was the best, because I knew that this time is was going to work out. We talked again about the Book of Mormon again and invited him to come to the church on Sunday. He came and we were able to teach him about the Plan of Salvation and testify to him of the power of the atonement to change his life. I am so excited to watch his progress in the gospel. Svein committed to be baptized on the 24th of January, so I am excited for him to come unto Jesus Christ. 

There were a lot of other things which happened this week, including getting splits in Kristiansund canceled, seeing the northern lights, taking pictures of the Mockingjay movie posters, running from the church to the train station with the sisters to catch our train, and saying goodbye to all of the members. That was really sad. I am going to miss the people in Trondheim so much, and it is even worse because I don't know when I will see them again. But that is life. 

It's really good to be a missionary, and I am so excited for the experiences. You should try it sometime :) Have a great week, and we will be talking next week, from Oslo!!! Back to my home, baby!

This is me at the gågate, which means walking street. Every city has one, and it is the place where they have a lot of their stores and things. No cars allowed, which means it is full of pedestrians.

This is a famous statue of Olav Tryggvason, who was the guy who made Norway Christian a long time ago.

Arnold and Ali (from left to right.) Ali is probably the nicest man I have ever met.

One of the members in Trondheim, named Birgit, who is awesome.

This is the sweet hat I knitted!

It has the "marius" pattern, which is really traditional Norwegian. What do you think? :)

"Bestemor" which means grandma. it's an old lady in the ward who is really nice and she got surgery on her knee, so we went and visited her. She is the best.

Eli Johanne. One of my favorite members under the age of 8. She just follows me around all the time and tells me I can't leave Trondheim. She is the best :)​

This is Audie (at the house) who is a member and is also the less-active who has made the most progress on my mission. He referred his friend, who is in the other picture. His name is Sing and is from India.


No comments:

Post a Comment