Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10

In Norway some of the holidays are a little bit different, and one of those is Father's Day, which was yesterday. Happy Father's Day, Dad! And happy Father's Day to all the rest of you dads as well. I always think it's funny because on Mother's Day and Father's Day in the states, the primary always gets up and sings and then they give everyone a gift afterward, but in Norway it really isn't much of a big deal. Weird culture differences. 

It's been a good week for me. But I feel like I always say that. If I had a bad week, I wonder if I would say anything else.... Probably not :) We have been working really hard, and it is paying off. Last week was pretty rough, so we decided that we needed to go out and change it, and we were able to see some miracles. The week reminded me a lot of the scripture which talks about us receiving blessings only after the trial of our faith. We went out and were going ham at the beginning of the week and we found some of the coolest, most prepared people I have ever met. The only problem was that they were all from different parts of Norway, so we couldn't actually teach any of them. I know it really doesn't matter as long as they are baptized, but it was a little frustrating anyway. But we just kept going out to work and finally on Sunday had the miracles come rushing in and we were able to find some new investigators and commit a guy named Gebru to baptism, and I was just really grateful to the Lord. He always pulls through.

I guess I don't really have a lot to say today, but I just want to end with a scripture I memorized recently, because it has really meant a lot to me lately. It is in D&C 84:88 and says, "And whoso receiveth you, there will I be also. For I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall dwell in your hearts, and my angels round about you to bear you up." Every time I read that scripture before, I though about the angels lifting and protecting us, because that is pretty dang cool, let's be honest. But I think a really important part that I have missed before is when the Lord tells us that His spirit shall dwell in our hearts. It is so comforting to know that whenever things get hard and the road gets dark in front of us, that the Lord not only sends angels to be with us, but that he sends His spirit to dwell within us, because of the covenant of baptism which we have made with Him. Because of this, there is no darkness that can penetrate us, and no evil or negative influence which can ultimately crush our hope for salvation through Jesus Christ. We will always have the power to overcome whatever comes our way. No matter how big the trials, the Lord starts from our hearts, the very core of our being, and gives us strength to go forward into whatever the future has to offer. So hope on, dream on, and live on, because the Lord dwells among us in Zion. It really is a glad message we share with people.

I love you all and hope you will have a wonderful week. Go be true disciples of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment