Monday, July 28, 2014

Trondheim

We have been painting a house/touring Trondheim for most of the day (since 8 this morning), so I don't have a ton of time to write, but it has been a good week. Everything went well with transfers, and I love it here in Trondheim. It is just as good as it looks in the pictures, and it has a really great feel in the city. I could definitely live here if I were to live in Norway. I got here and it is so strange to be in a big city again. The ward has around 200 people in it, so it is a lot bigger, but there are still a ton of people that are on vacation at the moment. So it is going to feel even bigger in about a week when everyone gets back. The church building in Trondheim is the oldest one in Norway, and it was built in the early 1960s or something like that.  It is good to be back in a church building, and it is good to be back in a ward. The work is going really well, we taught several lessons, have baptismal dates with a guy named Trond and a guy named Piotr.

Trond is a Norwegian guy who has had a pretty rough life and has found a faith in Jesus Christ. He smokes a lot and has trouble breathing because of it, but we are helping him with that and it is cool to see the atonement in his life. He lives alone here. Piotr is a Polish guy who is here working, and he is just great as well. There is a slight language barrier, but it is cool to be able to teach him and help him to understand the church and the commandments. It will be fun to continue to work with them. We haven't been on any splits yet, but that will be happening soon. I got to Trondheim and instantly ran out of time. I have been crazy busy this whole week, and I think that it is just going to keep going that way into the future. But it has been good, and I am enjoying being a zone leader up in the north.

Man, life is crazy and I feel like a lot has happened, but I will leave it there for this week.

Love, Elder Childs

Nidaros dommen. The biggest and one of the only cathedrals in Norway.



Painting a house for p day :) We were lucky and had some old clothes lent to us so we didn't get paint all over our nice ones.



My new city :)



No comments:

Post a Comment