Monday, February 24, 2014

Hallo!

People have been talking about the Olympics, and it has been fun to
hear about it from the members.

Things have been going really well for us here in Oslo, and this last
week was the best week the district has had since I got here. So
things are great! We have 8 investigators who are going to be baptized
in March, and we found 15 new investigators this week, so the Lord is
really blessing us. I am just not really sure what the difference is.
But that is okay, because I am just way excited about it.

This week we visited Rhoda and we got an appointment for
a couple of days later to come and teach her about the gospel. When we got there, we rang the doorbell, and called her a couple of times, but there was no answer at all. We
were pretty bummed about it, because we really just want to help Rhoda
out, so we decided to pray about what to do next and then to leave.
Elder Duncan prayed, and while he spoke, I just felt a warm feeling
come over me. I felt at peace with the world, and life just felt good,
despite everything. I knew Heavenly Father loved me. As soon as we
said amen, however, Rhoda walked out onto her balcony. It was the most
random thing, and she didn't even know we were there, but we said
hello, and she let us in and she said that she has been thinking about baptism a lot
lately and she agreed to be baptized on the 22nd of March.  She
doesn't have a testimony that our church is the only true church yet,
so we have a lot of work to do still, but I am excited for her, and I
know the Lord will help her.  I know that the
Lord blesses us in the things that we do because He knows His children
and He knows what is best for us.

Other than Rhoda, we don't have any investigators who are really progressing right now. Viviana called and
said she is really busy right now and wants to take a break from
things, so we are giving it a rest with her right now. This week Elder
Duncan and I set a goal to find 9 new investigators, which is like six
more than I have ever found in a week, but we really felt like it was
what the Lord wanted us to do and that it was possible, so we set the
goal and went out this week and work as hard as we could towards it,
and we did it! We found 9 new investigators this week, so we should
have good things ahead. It is just cool to see the Lord's hand in our
work.

Today we are going to go out to a lake here to have a fire and roast
hot dogs and marshmallows, and that is way exciting. Things are
warming up right now, and I am really looking forward to the spring.
The winter is passing and that is a really great thing.

Sometimes on my mission I have moments when I
just think, "What is even going on right now? How did I get here?"
Missions are so much fun and so crazy and so hard and so worth it all
at the same time, that I feel like I am just a big ball of stress
walking around most of the time. But I love it. In the Doctrine and
Covenants section 15 (or near to there) there is a scripture that says
that the thing that will be of most worth for [us] right now will be
to share the gospel. And I have a testimony that is true. I love this
work, and I love you all!

Eldste Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment