Thursday, April 2, 2015

March 30

It's been a really good week for me again, and time is moving quick, like always. This week is a transfer week, and I am going to be transferred. I am going to Stavanger, and it is going to be my last area. What? I can't believe that it has been 4 months since I came to the office and that I have less than 3 months left. Here is my address until then:

Elder Dallin Childs
Smedgate 7
4013 Stavanger
Norway

If you want to send anything, it will reach me there :) Thanks for all the support that you give me, it means the world.

On Thursday, winter decided to make up for the lack of cold and snow this year by dumping it all on us in one day. It snowed about half a meter in a few hours, and it was crazy. That would have been fine, but it happened to be on the same day that we went to Stavanger for a zone conference. When we left, everything was great, and when we tried to come back to Oslo, everything was a disaster. They closed the entire Oslo airport for snow removal, which delayed all the flights two hours. Then, as if that wasn't enough, the computer system crashed for Scandinavian Airlines, making it next to impossible to locate flight crews. So our plane was sitting on the ground in Oslo in perfectly fine flying condition, they just couldn't find anyone to fly it. Unfortunately, or perhaps wisely, they didn't accept my offer to fly it for them.

So we ended up sitting in the Stavanger airport for 6 hours with President and Sister Evans. It was a lot of fun to talk to them, but it was also really long. By the end of it all, we had re-booked our flight and got a hotel room, and we were staying an extra night in Stavanger. None of us had brought any bags or anything, so that was an adventure, but they served a great breakfast in the morning, and that made up for everything. We finally got back to Oslo safely, and when we did, I was ready for a long nap. But lets be honest, we don't get those - we are missionaries.

We ended the week by attending the baptism of a man named Drago, and it was a beautiful end to the week. He is from Croatia and was taught in part by the missionaries in Croatia via Skype, so the baptism was conducted in English, talks were given in Croatian, and Norwegian, and the baptism was performed in Russian. It was an amazing thing to see the Lord's hand bringing everything together to make that baptism possible. I have such a strong testimony of baptism. It is the Lord's way, and the Spirit testifies so strongly every time that it is His will. I love baptism!

I hope you all have a good week, and a wonderful Easter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment