Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16

Well, this week was definitely one of the high points of my mission, and the reason was that Paulina finally got baptized! Here is a quick recap for those of you who don't remember: I found Paulina in Narvik a year ago while I was serving there, and we became quick friends. We met a lot in Narvik and taught her all about the gospel and the Book of Mormon and she loved it. She soaked in everything that we told her, and she quickly gained a testimony. She wasn't able to be baptized back then due to some family situations, and I left Narvik feeling like I had a job unfinished, but I kept doing my work trying to find prepared people. In the mean, time she moved to Bodø at the new school year, and I told the missionaries to contact her and try to teach her again, and I have been following up the process ever since. She is amazing, and now this week I was able to travel up to Bodø and baptize her up there in the fjord. What an amazing blessing that the Lord gave me. I am so grateful.




That was obviously the highlight of the week, and it's a good thing, because we didn't get a whole lot else done in our area. We were on splits with Hamar and Narvik this week, so between the baptism, traveling, and being a little sick, things have been pretty crazy. But I like crazy :)

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I got asked kind of last minute this week to give a talk about it, and I was really grateful. As a missionary we are always thinking and talking about the Book of Mormon, but giving this talk really helped me remember the power it truly has to shape our lives. Why do we let ourselves get so focused on other things that we don't even read in the Book of Mormon each day? I never go a day without eating, so why should I ever go a day without feeding my spirit as well? Food for thought. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who gives us guidance through His prophets both in ancient and in modern days, and I cannot wait until General Conference! Bring on the revelation! Life is good, we should always remember that. Have a wonderful week!

Some really amazing boller that we got on splits.

I got to see Kikka again!

Golf!


No comments:

Post a Comment