Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6 2014

It was the best of weeks, it was the worst of weeks... haha ring any bells?? It was a crazy week, that's for sure :) We spent a lot of time travelling and watching general conference, and as a result, we didn't have a lot of time to get much done. But it was still really enjoyable.

On Monday I taught myself to knit. Haha I bet you didn't see that one coming, did you? I am knitting a scarf :) It is a really big part of the culture in Norway, and all of the kids learn how to knit in school, so I figured, why not? Might as well learn some new skills. I doubt that it will ever be a big part of my life, but it is fun for a little while. Mondays have become really awesome lately, because we have a set appointment every week with a man named Kulwant at his restaurant. He is from India and gives us the most delicious free food, and then we talk about the gospel and God's plan. He was a referral from a man named Audie who is a less active member who we rescued here in Trondheim, and it has been the most amazing experience to see him grow and reach out to others to share what has helped him, just like Elder Bednar talked about yesterday. It's all true.

On Tuesday I don't even really remember what we did. It seems like so long ago. Let's see... I got asked to accompany the choir when they sing, so helped with that at practice, and we were supposed to meet with Miranda there and then go to choir practice together, but she didn't end up showing up. I don't know how to help people prioritize the church and God in their lives. Because I know how important He is, but they just don't seem to get it sometimes. 

On Wednesday we started the stretch of no sleep. We woke up at 4 am to fly in to Oslo to go to MLC, and that is always one of my favorite times of the month. It is so good to be with President and Sister Evans and hear their thoughts and just lift each other up. We found out we are going to be giving a meeting for the zone on Tuesday, so we have been running back and forth to get everything ready for that. After the meeting, we flew home and got back around midnight after a really tiring day.

On Thursday I had thought that I had had enough, but then we just turned around and woke up at 4 again to fly up to Alta for splits. Alta is super far up in the north, and for a minute there, I was the northernmost missionary in the entire world! Cool, right? I will send a picture :) It was great to spend some time with the missionaries up there, and travelling is always the best. At night after we got home, we went outside to go hunting for the northern lights, and they came out again. It is absolutely amazing. I think that everyone should have the experience to see them if they haven't, because it is one of the coolest things that nature has to offer. 

We woke up really early again on Friday to fly back home, and after that our week was basically destroyed. Every week can't be the best, I suppose.

The weekend was also really good because General Conference, and we got South American style numbers as far as people in church goes. Everyone came, and they all loved it, so it was a great end to the week. We stayed up late to watch the last session, and it was so worth it to see those talks. Life is good.


I am loving my mission, and I can't believe how  fast time is going. I am so grateful to all the people who pray for me and write me, and just make my life awesome. You all mean the world to me, and I hope you know I love you. Good stories to come in the future. Tell me about the miracles, and always try to be better. Have a great week!

A Quality Companionship.  :)

Alta Splits

Knitting in the airport.  We had some nasty long layovers this week.  :)

Some random sheep in Alta.  Yes, sheep exist in Norway.  :)

Me as the northernmost missionary in the world.

General conference with the boys.

The northern lights in Alta! I know it is a horrible picture, but at least I tried to share the experience with you. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment