Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers are Great!

Happy Mother's day to all of you wonderful mothers out there! I think it is such an interesting thing because yesterday there were hundreds of thousands of missionaries and there families anxiously watching the clock as the time drew nearer that they would get to talk together. As I waited I pictured the many LDS homes where excitement bubbled as the time came to talk to sorely missed siblings and and children. Isn't it a great thing that we do in our church? I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did :)

It has been a wonderful week for me this week. A few highlights include painting one of the member's houses (an opportunity we don't get at home because many of the houses are stone and brick! But here they are made out of wood and all sorts of bright colors. It feels almost like I am in Candyland sometimes) and enjoying the warm weather lately. Well, warmer. I can't say that it is exactly summer yet, but it has been nice enough. Norwegian weather stays pretty mild, and I suppose that is going to be a real blessing when it isn't 100 degrees out. Positive thinking, right?

The best part of recent life has been a woman we are teaching named Kikka. She is going to be baptized on Wednesday, and she is just great. I tell everyone that she would be baptized whether we were here or not, because her testimony is that strong. It is amazing to watch someone change their life and come unto Christ because of his restored gospel. I am so excited for her and the decision she is making. Pictures to come next week! In Narvik, we only have two options for a baptismal font: it's either the fjord or the local swimming pool. If it were me personally getting baptized, I would choose the fjord, no question, because what is cooler than getting baptized in the fjord? But it is really cold right now, so we've rented out the swimming pool and things are good to go. Life is good!

During this Mother's Day time of year, I would just encourage you all to go and do something that will make your mom realize how much you appreciate her, because now that I am half a world away from mine, I am really realizing how much I took her for granted. You know? I love her a lot. Moms are great, so let's not wait until they aren't there anymore to appreciate them. Go tell her you love her and make her feel it. That's important. I love you all and thanks for the love and support. I couldn't do it without you!

Selfie time with Elder Forsberg and me.


Our painting jumpsuits. I felt pretty boss.


No comments:

Post a Comment