Monday, March 17, 2014

Love Like the Savior Did

A lot has happened this week, but at the same time, I can't remember much of it. That seems to be pretty normal for me lately, since everything has become one big blur on the mission. One long stream of service. A few highlights are that I got my Norwegian driver's license this week, I got a haircut, and I am getting transferred next week. That was pretty expected since I have spent the first 8 months of my mission in my first area, but I am still really excited.

I am going to a place called Narvik, and it is way up in the north of Norway. If you have never heard of it, I promise you that it will be worth your time right now to spend 5 minutes looking up pictures. It is gorgeous. Plus I will get to see the northern lights, so basically I consider myself the luckiest missionary out there.  I won't see other missionaries while I am up there, so it is going from two completely ends of the spectrum. I am still going to be district leader in a district of 4 missionaries.  I am going to miss the Oslo ward, though. I am headed to a branch with 5 active members- that ought to be an interesting experience. I am excited to see what the future has in store!

I have decided that the key to life is love. If we can somehow manage to love as perfectly as the Savior did- really love as purely, as intensely, and as much as Jesus Christ did when He was on the earth- then everything else would follow. Charity really is the greatest of all. But here is the catch:

In order for someone to be able to truly love others, they must first be able to love themselves.

How often are words of hate and spite born of a lack of self-confidence and low self-esteem? Once we can look at ourselves in the light that God sees us, then we can truly share His love with others. But that is easier said than done. 

I know that as we ask The Lord to give us His love for us and work to develop it, then we will be freed to share that love with others. I pray that we will all be able to share that love with everyone we meet.

Elder Duncan and Elder Childs with Siahanie, a returned missionay from the Phillipines




A Fun Picture that a Member of the Oslo Ward Texted to Us Yesterday Morning



No comments:

Post a Comment